Penicillin is a favorite from a user-submitted recipe contest organized by Chefs Talk. Enjoy this simple yet delicious infusion.
Inside the Porthole:
- 6-8 slices lemon, washed and sliced into rounds
- 4 slices fresh ginger, sliced lengthwise
- 1" x 4"(2.5cm x 10cm) slice of honeycomb
Liquid to be added:
- 1.5 oz (43g) Lapsang Souchong tea, brewed according to packet instructions
- 5 oz (142g) Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 5 oz (142g) Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 16 yr.
Arrange fresh ingredients in the Porthole, alternating lemon and ginger slices.
Assemble the Porthole, checking the seal for good contact on both sides.
Combine liquid ingredients.
Transfer liquid mix into the assembled Porthole through the spout.
Allow infusion to settle for a few minutes before inserting a stopper.
Best if infused for a minimum of 30 minutes before sampling. Consume within 4 hours, extended infusion of lemon rind will impart bitterness.